The 4+2 Formula for Sustained Business Success
That moment when a company discovers that a competitor is about to remake the marketplace, or that its core product is about to be commoditized, is inevitably a turning point. There is a temptation to rush into new businesses to make up for the looming loss of income, but that can easily lead to the weakening of the company's focus on its core value proposition, and induce a long decline. In fact, the situation is usually not out of control:the company may have an extended period of profitability as less resolute competitors take flight, and it may be able to reinvent its core so that profitability can continue while the company pursues opportunities for growth in related areas. As a general rule, though, Winners stay Winners because they start building their next growth business before the growth potential of their core business shows signs of disappearing. The dynamically evolving strategic focus on growth is the formula for business success.
What is the secret to sustained business success？Consultants and business school professors at top universities around the country analyzed more than 200 management practices；fads， silver-bullet cures and management buzzwords commonly used by 160 companies to statistically identify what really matters in business and came up with a stunningly simple result：All successful companies master six specific management practices， four of which are compulsory（the four primary management practices）and two of which are optional but which must come from a list of four secondary management practices. This 4+2 pattern is found in every company， which has achieved and sustained long-term success.
Winning companies and organizations:
1.Stay tightly focused on their chosen business strategy--whether that strategy is low prices, innovative products, best service or another option.
2.Find ways to continue to grow their core business over time--typically doubling the size of their core business every five years through organic expansion, mergers and acquisitions or a combination of both.
- 1. 策略 规划并清楚陈述一套清晰且专注的策略
- 2. 执行 总能达成或超越期望的完美执行力
- 3. 文化 建立求好心切的文化
- 4. 结构 建置扁平式组织结构，务求行动敏捷，机动灵活
- 1. 人才 留住并寻找或培养更多优秀员工
- 2. 领导 全心全力投入企业经营的董事和领导人
- 3. 创新 把创新带进市场，促使整个行业为之一新
- 4. 成长 持续透过合并和伙伴关系，促进企业成长
- MAIN IDEA
- The four primary management practices
- 1. Strategy Devise and articulate a strategy which is clear and narrowly focused.
- 2. Execution Execute flawlesslyconsistently meeting or exceeding expectations Winning companies and organizations.
- 3. Culture Build a culture which is intensely performance based and oriented.
- 4. Structure Be fast and flexible by having a flat organizational structure.
- The four secondary management practices
- 1. Talent Retain talented employees and find or develop more of the same.
- 2. Leadership Have directors and leaders who are committed to the business.
- 3. Innovation Bring to market innovations that transform your industry.
- 4. Growth Make growth happen through ongoing mergers and partnerships.